The CELL system has become a proven approach to improving quality and reducing costs. Unlike and assembly-line system that has a succession of individual departments working on a job, every order DeCardy project is assigned to a CELL that includes all of the personnel required to complete it. This approach optimizes quality and scheduling control, resulting in a cost savings that can range from 18% to 54%., depending on the part size, weight and other requirements.
Quality advantages include:
- QA accountability for all aspects of a job consolidated within the CELL.
- Efficient production flow maintains consistency for product integrity not found in a typical stop-and-go multi-department process.
- QA regimens customized to meet specific requirements.
- Jobs certified in writing and delivered directly to the assembly line.
Cost benefits include:
- 25 – 40% savings in reduced production time.
- 10 – 15% QA efficiency savings.
- 7 – 12% material handling savings.
- 5% reduced in-process inventory savings.
Our valued customers and the demanding design concepts we have helped them realize has resulted in numerous awards at NADCA’s International Die Casting Competition. Read more about award-winning die castings under the "Examples of Our Work" tab above.